Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Collingwood (CLOSED)

Yesterday I went to Aiden Byrne's, The Collingwood on the Wirral. It is a lovely little pub with a big field in the back garden.

Atmosphere
This is a very posh place, I couldn't tell whether it was a pub or a restaurant. This place is lovely and has a great atmosphere.


Code
The rules in this place are very strict:
-No sportswear
-No workwear
-No swearing
-No nudity

Starter
For my starter I had beautiful garlic bread. It was by far the best quality garlic bread I've had in my life! There was a perfect amount of butter on the bread.

Main Course
For my main course I had bangers and mash with gravy. The sausage was just right with a lovely texture to it. The gravy was gorgeous with a really smooth feeling to it. The mash had no bits in it. It's the best mash that I've ever had!

Dessert
My dessert was chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream and popcorn. The brownie was amazing. I had to eat my dessert very slowly, it was that good. There was nothing that great about the ice cream. The ice cream tasted just like what you'd expect from the shops. The popcorn actually worked with the ice cream and chocolate brownie. I didn't expect the popcorn to go that well with the rest of the dessert.

Service
The service was good. The waiter kept asking me if I wanted another drink. The food came quicker than you'd expect.

Score
Service: 3/5
Atmosphere:4/5
Food: 8/10
Overall: 15/20

Contact info

Opening Times


  • Open daily 11.00am until late

Address

Black Horse Hill, West Kirby, Wirral, CH48 6DS
0151 625 4525

Directions

Blackhorse Hill, West Kirby, just near the Mercedes garage.

 





 

2 comments:

Professor Y. Chucklebutty said...

They are strict rules. Yes we are fine with no work wear, but Mrs C goes everywhere in her pumps. and as for the nudity and swearing, well the elastic is a bit loose and she does tend to make her views known. So that's probably a non starter for us...or even a main course. Chippy it is then.

Professor Y. Chucklebutty said...

Have you tried Torchwood?
I think it's in Cardiff. They get all their produce fresh off the barrowman.