Powered By Blogger

Saturday 2 July 2011

The Last Supper


2nd July 2011, a sad day for Liverpool. The beloved Everyman Bistro will close forever to make way for a new theatre.

I've only been to the Everyman Bistro a few times but those few times are very special and will stay in my head for the rest of my life. The music, the food and of course the wonderful atmosphere! My last ever visit to the bistro was on July 1st. The night before it closed. My last meal there was Mediterranean sausage pasta followed by a gorgeous chocolate tart.

To me, and to probably lots of people, it's like losing a friend. Angie Sammons, editor of  Liverpool Confidential says: "The loss of the Everyman Bistro, many people believe, is a social and cultural disaster for the city."

We will all miss the Everyman.

Middle Room of the Bistro

2 comments:

Gerry said...

An excellent piece of work that many adult journalists would not be able to match

Prof Chucklebutty said...

I agree with the above comment from Mr Gerry. A very well written piece. Everything you say was reflected in the comments and sentiments expressed by many people last night. Ms Sammons is right about it being a social and cultural disaster.

In the early 80s,I had several social disasters in there. And it was one of the first bars that I was really,really sick in. Must have been the orange juice.